PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 22, 2013

Bubble Up Enchiladas

I leave for this gorgeous place in 19 days.


Cue longing. 

Sidenote: Get a load of this counter space!

You're jealous.


I have been so unproductive because I can't stop day dreaming about laying on the beach with a cocktail in hand ALL DAY LONG. ugh. hurry up.

I also can't stop online "shopping". I use quotes because I hardly ever buy the stuff. 

Do you ever go on a shopping website and add EVERYTHING to you cart and then you go to check out and you're like $534?!!!?? ugh. That is how much I currently have in my Target shopping cart.

Imaginary shopping. My fave.



Any-who...vacation is on the horizon and I am trying to lose weight fast look great in a bathing suit and feel comfortable and that all starts with healthy eating!

I've seen this recipe around Pinterest and was interested to make it, but beef up the health.



(No those aren't marshmallows. Photog skills need advancing.)

We LOVED it. Sean was very skeptical but at the end told me I could make it all the time. 

It is so versatile too. You can add ANY veggies or beans. You can even use pizza sauce instead of enchilada and add your favorite pizza toppings. The possibilities are endless. AHHHHHH.



Sorry.

Well...eat this up kids cuz it's good for ya!

I forgot to take a picture when I topped it with cheese and pulled it out of the oven...mas Corona's.

Act surprised.




Made over Bubble Up Enchiladas

Serves: 6

1 tsp olive oil
2 bell peppers, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1.25 lbs extra lean ground turkey
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
S&P
1 (10oz) can enchilada sauce
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 (15oz) can black beans, drained & rinsed
2 cups 2% milk sharp cheddar, divided
1 (10oz) can refrigerated biscuits

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.

Saute bell peppers and garlic in oil until soft, about 3 minutes. While you are sauteing, cut each biscuit into six pieces. 

Remove peppers to a plate and brown ground turkey. Season with chili powder, cumin, S & P. Drain and rinse black beans and slightly mash some of them with your hands leaving the majority of them whole. I think it gives it a creamy texture.

Pour in enchilada and tomato sauce and stir to combine. Sprinkle in 1/2 cup of cheese. Stir in biscuit pieces and transfer to a prepared baking dish. 

Bake for 20-25 minutes (mine took 21) then remove from the oven, top with remaining cheese and return to oven for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, serve up and enjoy!





Have a LOVELY Friday!!!! :)




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment