PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I have a drinking injury...

I mean lets be honest; it’s not the first one I’ve ever had but typing at work is impossible when you can hardly move your fingers…on both hands.

I injured myself while up north at my boyfriend’s family cabin in the Manistee National Forest area aka the Middle of Nowhere.  I love how secluded and peaceful it is in the middle of the woods. EVERYTHING in this cabin is outfitted in camo…including my boyfriend.  He crosses the threshold of the cabin and goes from city slicker to hillbilly boy.

The front of the cabin
Camo carpet & deer cups...seriously.
Northern Michigan is amazing

I have made these once before in the summer and I used the juice of one lime for one cocktail. Well I forgot to get limes for my amazing margarita and fresh lime juice is a MUST. We went to the Dublin General Store, the only grocery store around there…people it’s a hillbilly gem.  You can buy everything from a box of ammunition to a box of tampons. It’s also jerky heaven…they have Kangaroo jerky. Nuff said. 

So I picked up 14 limes...no I was NOT planning on having 14...well, maybe but that is beside the point. Many boyfriend gripes later (what do you need 14 limes for?!?) we arrived back at the cabin to indulge in  some margs.

Take note winter limes do not equal summer limes folks.  My 14 drink plan only made 3 drinksssss. Guess who squeezed all those limes. Yours truly. Hand cramps. Pain. Injured. But still a great margarita.


P.F. Chang’s Organic Agave Margarita
Prep Time: 5 minutes Serves: 1

- 2 oz. Silver Tequila (Patron silver recommended)
- 1.5 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. Agave Nectar (I used Agave in the Raw)
- ice

Directions:
Salt 1/2 rim of cocktail glass. Combine all ingredients in martini shaker. Shake well and pour all contents into your cocktail glass. Add a slice of lime. Drink up buttercup.



We had an amazing weekend drinking, riding quads, relaxing in the hot tub, eating too much, shooting guns…but let’s just say I’m happy to be back to reality with makeup on, hair curled and snuggling in my own bed.
Can you see him?


Photobucket

4 comments: