PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Salmon en papillote...sort of

I'm so sorry I have been MIA. Did you miss me?? I know you did not.

I have been busy being an auntie to the most beautiful baby boy on the planet! I'm so lucky to have him in my life. :)

 


So I'm back! I promise. Here to stay and don't look so disappointed. 

This is a SUPER simple, fast, healthy recipe. It literally takes 5 minutes to prep everything and it has SO much flavor!


I love salmon and making it this way makes this an easy weeknight meal.  I have posted a lot of 'sometimes' foods and I don't want you all to think I'm a 500 pound girl who eats butter and cheese with a side of wine. 

If only you could stay skinny and do that.



Well here is my easy salmon. It's so flaky, yummy, garlicky, lemony, buttery...stop me I can go on!

You can use parchment paper if you like, but I personally like the sturdiness of foil and in the summer you can throw it on the grill instead of the oven. 

Dear Summer: are you ever coming back?



I'm sick of hearing those commercials on the radio about sliding down the slopes on fresh fallen snow. Pure Michigan my ass. MELT ALREADY.

Tangent. But seriously.


H E A L T H.



Salmon en papillote...sort of

1 sheet of foil
3-4 slices of lemon
3 cloves of garlic, sliced
6oz piece of salmon
1T Dijon mustard
2T butter
S&P

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400.

Place foil on work surface. Slice lemon and lay in the center of the foil slightly overlapping. Sprinkle sliced garlic over lemon slices. 

Pat salmon dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper*. Place over lemon and garlic slices.

Using the back of a spoon, spread mustard over top of salmon. Dab pats of butter on top.

Fold foil around salmon creating an pouch so the salmon can steam. 

Place pouch on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.

Let pouch sit for a few minutes, open and serve! I had a little cous cous and veggies with mine...YUM.

*If you want your salmon to be crispy on the top place it in a pan with oil skin side up and sear for a minute. I was too lazy to clean a pan.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment